Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Color by the Tracks

Nikon D700, Nikon 28-300 @135mm. ISO 1600, 1/15 sec @ f/5.6


Now that daylight savings time is over, it is dark when I drive north along Elliot Bay and the railroad tracks. This is a storage space building and it has flood lights that rotate color on its painted brick facade.
This image was taken exactly a year ago today, with me steadying my camera on a horizontal rail. I have always really liked this image because of its forthright color combinations and the rectangular elements of composition. A bonus, which you don't see in this picture, is that in an upstairs window there is a picture of Elvis. Maybe I will post that one also. You just never know what you will see, because I didn't know it was there until I had the images on the computer. OK, here it is. Enjoy!
Nikon D700, Nikon 280300 @ 200mm. ISO 1600, 1/8 sec @ f/5.6

1 comment: