Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Peaceful Late Afternoon

Nikon D7000 with Nikon 18-200 lens at 82mm. ISO 400. 1/5000 at f/5.6
This image was taken at nearly 6 PM on Sunday the 28th of August this year. It is looking SW from just below Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. That afternoon involved a wonderful party in honor of my friend Dieter Nachmann, a gifted musician and full-time raconteur who had died from lung cancer earlier in the summer. He and his friend Peter McGrain played in a wonderful duo called Sawcordius, with Dieter on accordion and Peter on madolin, violin, various rhythm devices and the saw. I was fortunate to play with them many times and always was thrilled to do so. I miss that crazy eclectic music, and I miss Dieter. He was an original, and a sweet human being. Godspeed my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment