Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lake Union December Twilight

Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200 at 52mm. ISO 1600, 1/20 second at f/4.0

I had dropped a package off at my son's workplace at the north end of Lake Union when I spotted the sky.
An illegal turn allowed me to park and use a nearby tree for support, not only to steady the camera, but to prevent me from falling down the bank into the water! Tripod would have been better. High ISO means a grainy image, but I really like the somber/bright colors and the mood of the scene. There's even a small Christmas tree right in the center.

1 comment:

  1. Terry - You're getting some great stuff here. This piece wouldn't be half the image it is if it were on dry land -- the vertical reflections really make it! The portraits of your niece and granddaughter are wonderful as well, and an excellent time capsule of their individual personalities...
    Well done and happy shooting (one artist to another )!

    ReplyDelete